That was for you Alf.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

That was for you Alf.

Post  porrohman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 am

Reds 2 Weymouth 0.
Could have been 10, we were that good, and they were that poor.Emotional all round, with the players warming up with 'In Tribute to Alf' t shirts. Minutes applause, and a performance Alf would have approved of.

' Ade..they were bloody great today wornt they'.

For you Alf.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That was for you Alf.

Post  del boy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am

That was simply one of those games that I didn’t want to end. I can’t remember the last time I came away from a game thinking that!!

It was a difficult, bobbly pitch for the lads to play on. But considering the recent weather, that was no surprise and credit to the club for getting the game on. If I was Lee Osbourne, I’d be blaming the pitch for his open goal miss. Embarassed

Parrohman is right. It could have been 10-0. We should have at least scored 4 or 5; that was the only disappointment for me.

Another good crowd at The Valley. It makes a huge difference having an extra 200 people in the stadium. It's much more of an enjoyable experience with a decent crowd. Well done to the Cedar Road boys for their contribution! Let's hope we can get the same kind of crowds next season.

The last 3 months or so have been so much better than at the start. The performances have improved, the team selections have been more stable, and the results and form have been impressive. The season has finished on a high note. If we can keep the core of this side together, I have no doubt we can aim to achieve higher next season.

I’d like to thank the Swans, Hydey and the management team, all of the players, all of the club staff and volunteers etc for a great season. We had a difficult start but the improvement has been great. For me, it has been the most enjoyable season for some time.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 am

Delighted.

I'm having a beer in memory of a great guy...god bless you Alf.

Well done the club, Chris & Sallie, all officials, volunteers, supporters, players and coaching staff....sounds like a great end to the season despite our tragic loss.

I am so chuffed for Graham....his sleepless nights have paid off and I hope he is given the chance to build on the team next season.....could be quite interesting.

Well done Reds....Grandad Alf will be so proud.

sunny cheers sunny cheers
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: