ALF KIMBERLEY

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ALF KIMBERLEY

Post  Bob Marley on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

I would like to propose that TRUST sponsors a player and at least 1 match per season in honour of Alf.

I was aldo thinking of a MOM award presented after every game...also in Alf's honour.

Any thoughts/ideas?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I would like to propose that TRUST sponsors a player and at least 1 match per season in honour of Alf.

I was aldo thinking of a MOM award presented after every game...also in Alf's honour.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Definitely think we should do something. What about naming the turnstile after Alf and sponsoring a game, maybe the 1st home game every season?
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

I didn’t know Alf personally, but any hardcore Reds fan/volunteer, who is committed to the club, is a friend of mine. Despite not knowing him personally, I’m more than aware of who he is, what he has done for the club, and how well liked and respected he is. It’s a big surprise for me because he always looked so fit and well.

He always made me feel welcome at the gate. I didn’t know him and he didn’t know me, but in a brief and subtle kind of way, every time I walked through the turnstile, he always made me feel welcome and appreciated.

My thoughts to his friends and family…RIP mate.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo on Thu May 03, 2012 3:47 am

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend Alf's funeral today due to work commitments. Can I take this opportunity to say my thoughts will be with his family and to say I hope he has the send off he deserves. Rest in Peace mate.
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top