ALF KIMBERLEY

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALF KIMBERLEY

Post  V.C. on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:11 am

It is with very deep regret that I have to announce the sad passing away of Alf Kimberley this morning. All of our thoughts are with his family.
Alf was an absolutely fantastic man who will be remembered with very happy memories, both here at The Valley and in Redditch.
A true red through and through and we will obviously remember him at the match this Saturday.
I, personally have only known him for just over a year but I truly treasured his friendship.
Miss you Alf x

V.C.
Midland Combination League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ALF KIMBERLEY

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 am

Absolutely gutted! Crying or Very sad

What a cracking bloke! Always spoke his mind, and Redditch through and through.

Rest peacefully Alf, you will be deeply missed.

My thoughts are with The Kimberley's.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:12 am

It was with a great sense of loss when I heard of Alf's death. I wanted to let you know that my heart is truly saddened.

Alf was more than just a wonderful person; he was always so kind and considerate to us that we always welcomed seeing him at every opportunity.

His passing will not only leave a void in our lives, but in the hearts of all those who knew him. Alf will always remain within our hearts.

Rest in Peace Alf.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:17 am

Absolutely tragic news and a sad sad day.

I known Alf for many a year, been to uncountable home games together and many many away matches.
Shared some fantastic victories and had to endure some embarrassing defeats together.

We always had a laugh on the gate and his generosity and love for his family was second to none. My thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.

I will miss his stories of when “he was a lad”….and having to fetch his Bovril.

It’s with heavy heart I write May you Rest In Peace Alf.
I’ll miss you.
Redditch United will miss you.
God bless.
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 am

This puts it all into perspective.

He was a man i had so much time and respect for, he was a man who had enough time for everyone and was always smiling and happy, he always got my name wrong and resorted to calling me JJ!

It's such a shock, still hasn't sunk in and i can't believe it.

Rest In Peace to a True gentleman.

Rest In Peace Alf.
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 am

Gutted!! Alf was the most genuine, sincere guy I have ever met. As has been said, a true Red, who saw many highs and lows at the Valley, but was never without a smile, a hug and a word of encouragement!! He will be greatly missed, the Valley will not be the same!!

Our thoughts go to his family, who Alf was extremely proud of.

R.I.P. Alf

Tracey and Ken Rae
TRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Townsend on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 am

RIP Alf topman will be missed

Marcus Townsend
Sunday League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 am

Absolutely stunned.

A great bloke who was always cheerful and welcoming on the gate. A red through and through.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rachel and Paul and the family.

Arse (as he always called me!!)
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:00 am

A fantastic bloke who was a part of the furniture at the valley. Always a friendly face on the gates and someone who will be missed by many at the club.

Thoughts are with the family.

RIP

Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:00 am

I could sit here and write a million words yet still fail to convey the sadness I, and I'm sure we all feel today. Alf was such a family man, I have been around the family today and they are incredible people.He would be so proud of them today. Alf was a mans man. He used to send me loads of joke texts some of which even I couldn't forward to people they were that borderline! On Thursday me Kimbo and Alf went to the club to watch the lads train. As usual within 5 minutes Alf was having the banter with Dave Ralph.Then Chris. Then Deano. Then we sent him to make us a Bovril in the kitchen...the strongest Bovril I have ever tasted. Alf loved the banter, and he was one of the best at it too. On Thursday we popped into Simon and Rach's new flat before we went home, Alf gave me a guided tour and when we past a certain room he gave me a classic Alf one liner which absolutely creased me....and when Alf knew he made you laugh it made him laugh and we literally stood outside the living room for a minute composing ourselves before we went in again.
Alf was such a fan of our club, when we lost and didn't play well it hurt him inside, it really did. I'd pop in and see Kimbo and Alf would say ' What do think Ade? Bloody rubbish wornt they?'. Equally after a win he'd be so happy..' bloody great today wornt they Ade' with a classic Alf grin. He was involved heavily with all TRUST meetings and did so much when the club looked like folding last year. He attended all Friends Of Redditch United meetings, always keen to help. We used to have him on that he was Chris and Sallie's favourite, Alf was always the one who would ask Chris things we couldn't.
Things won't be the same without you Alf, I will miss your lovely ways and the best sense of humour ever....you were a very special man.
RIP mate.
Adexxx
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RUFC on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 am

Its been a few days of different emotions but today I feel numb, Alf was a true gent and a close friend who always put a smile on my face. He will be greatly missed but never forgotten, the Valley will not be the same but we are all richer for knowing him.
Rest In Peace Mate
Jeff x

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 am

Stunned and gutted.

Wonderful tributes from everyone who knows the 'Pope'....what a true gentleman.
Alf loved his family more than life itself....simple family values meant everything to him.

Just last week on the way back from Hitchin, he talked me through all of his family...how they are, who is working too hard etc, etc....couldn't get a bloody word in edgeways!.....absolutely wonderful man...great husband, father and grandfather.

He will be greatly missed....Mr Redditch United for me.

Redditch United through and through and I hope a suitable tribute will be organized to remember such a wonderful gentleman.

Our thoughts are with the Kimberley family at this time.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Just seen this and absolutely gutted. Alf was a top man and will be sorely missed by all. Won't be the same being greeted by him on a Saturday afternoon paying my entrance fee and him pushing in at half time to get his Burger.

Sincere condolences to the Kimberley family. Always remember when he used to watch the Mayfly on a Sunday morning. RIP Alf
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Such sad news and I can only echo what others have written. Alf was a gentleman through and through. My thoughts and prayers go to his family. Rest in Peace Alf and God bless.
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm so glad he got to see Redditch United survive in the league!

I'm sure that meant so much to him!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:07 pm

rawlings09 wrote:I'm so glad he got to see Redditch United survive in the league!

I'm sure that meant so much to him!

He'll be watching Saturday's game from above with his old partner in crime Howard Beer Cheers

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:25 pm

porrohman wrote: I could sit here and write a million words yet still fail to convey the sadness I, and I'm sure we all feel today. Alf was such a family man, I have been around the family today and they are incredible people.He would be so proud of them today. Alf was a mans man. He used to send me loads of joke texts some of which even I couldn't forward to people they were that borderline! On Thursday me Kimbo and Alf went to the club to watch the lads train. As usual within 5 minutes Alf was having the banter with Dave Ralph.Then Chris. Then Deano. Then we sent him to make us a Bovril in the kitchen...the strongest Bovril I have ever tasted. Alf loved the banter, and he was one of the best at it too. On Thursday we popped into Simon and Rach's new flat before we went home, Alf gave me a guided tour and when we past a certain room he gave me a classic Alf one liner which absolutely creased me....and when Alf knew he made you laugh it made him laugh and we literally stood outside the living room for a minute composing ourselves before we went in again.
Alf was such a fan of our club, when we lost and didn't play well it hurt him inside, it really did. I'd pop in and see Kimbo and Alf would say ' What do think Ade? Bloody rubbish wornt they?'. Equally after a win he'd be so happy..' bloody great today wornt they Ade' with a classic Alf grin. He was involved heavily with all TRUST meetings and did so much when the club looked like folding last year. He attended all Friends Of Redditch United meetings, always keen to help. We used to have him on that he was Chris and Sallie's favourite, Alf was always the one who would ask Chris things we couldn't.
Things won't be the same without you Alf, I will miss your lovely ways and the best sense of humour ever....you were a very special man.
RIP mate.
Adexxx

Absolutely spot on mate...a wonderful tribute.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Devastating shock when I heard today.

Alf had two priorities his life - first his family, second the Reds, and his commitment to both was unsurpassed.

A fabulous, colourful character who had a great sense of humour and was always smiling.

A good friend to me, as are the whole family, and I will miss Alf's boyish, fun loving character.

RIP mate.
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Very Sad news
Looking back, it seems Ive known Alf nearly all my life without really knowing him.
He knew my Grandad, he knew my Dad, and he knew me, and in return I knew what a wonderfully dedicated man he was.
When I played for the South Redditch he watched, commented, and we chatted
When I played for the Mayfly, he watched, commented and we chatted.
When I played for Redditch, he watched more, commented more and we chatted more.
Id see him up town and we would always stop and talk, football.
Id see him in Tesco and we would always stop and talk, football.
Last time I saw him he took money off me at the Evesham game, and in return gave me a big smile and chirpy comment.

Seems Ive known Alf all my life without really knowing him.

GOD BLESS YOU ALF. MR REDDITCH UTD
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 am

Didn't realy know Alf well personally but I always remember him being having a smile on his face at the gate and seemed like a really nice bloke. Thoughts with all his family at this time.
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 am

Just popped into the Greenlads post office and was told Alf had died, First time in my life I was quite lost for words.. First old Den, then Grubby now Alf,, The HEART has been ripped out of our club.. I have known Alf as long as I can remember from the old Mayfly days as well as down the Reds, and like Dennis I used to love to give em both stick, They always took it as it was meant, a laugh and a bit of banter..

Alf was a true Gent and character, sadly these days, the world seems to be lacking both.
To be honest I'm lost for words.. God bless ya Alf
Fat Ron.. of the R.F.B

Fat Ron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisdon on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 am

Alfie, the general, many happy memories down at the valley, and as a work mate at RBC, always first port of call for team news and club gossip, hopeless at remembering names, but he got there in the end, God bless you alfie,

chrisdon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Having not been closely involved at the club for many years now I did not know Alf personally but I knew him in
a 'passing' sort of way. Very very sad to hear of the loss of a true club stalwart and the kind of person who keeps this club going.

Must have been very sudden. I saw him recently at a game and he seemed full of beans and in his usual form. Anyone know what happened ?

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 pm

A true gent who during our time with the old supporters club always had the club at heart. Always had time for a chat up town and down the club and his cheeky happy manner made him friends with all my family. RIP Alf. kevin,louise,simon&robert
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 am

So shocked when we heard the news. Absolutely gutted..... top bloke!
Our wishes and condolences go to all the family and friends.

R.I.P Alf
Love from Tommo Snr and Jnr
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top