New Manger or Keep Manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Graham Hyde The Right Manager to lead RUFC forward?

56% 56% 
[ 10 ]
17% 17% 
[ 3 ]
27% 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

New Manger or Keep Manager

Post  Leethall on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:01 am

Seems to be a fair bit of discussion about whether Mr Hyde is the right person to lead RUFC into the 2012/13 season so let's put this to the test with a poll!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Re: New Manger or Keep Manager

Post  ted striker on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 am

And it's a 100% result for yes! Oh wait, there's only one vote. Is Vladimir Putin running this poll?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 am

I don't think there is any discussions about Hydey is there? The two fishwives( Mrs Moor and Mrs Rowly) apart that is.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:33 am

For me he is the right man for the job. It has been a massive learning curve for him this season. He will know

the pitfalls to avoid for next season. Onwards and upwards.
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:20 am

Exactly.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:03 am

I have not voted yet!

My view? It is divided, I am not sure he has the right staff in place with knowledge of the level of non league football we are playing at. If he was to have an experienced non league Assistant/Coach then I think he would be in a better position. Somebody who knows Midland Com/Midland South and the Northants area is not the answer.

May upset some regulars but Rowly & Mrs Moor have more than valid points.

Season of failure and missed opportunity is my conclusion.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 am

I can see 4 people discussing it so far Porro without including any fish wives, so thats 6
do you trouble finding your abacus as well as your balls?

I just cant see how the season can be looked back upon with the blind faith to start next season with the same blocks in place to build the foundations on for a brighter future
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:42 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:I can see 4 people discussing it so far Porro without including any fish wives, so thats 6

I just cant see how the season can be looked back upon with the blind faith to start next season with the same blocks in place to build the foundations on for a brighter future

Rowly.

Anyone that has been round the club for any amount of time, knows what an achievement it is to stay in this league this season.
That is before the clusterfuck during early season.

From what I saw of the manager, he is honest, very hard working, committed, passionate, energetic, approachable, realistic...these are values that you can not give anyone and are top of my list everytime.

Does he know this level of football....no
Does he know every MFC player with potential...no

He will gain the experience (he is 1st to admit it) and with his personal characteristics, will be a great manager for the Reds.

I do not understand the Redhead campaign....I thought he was arrogant, non approachable and his training/coaching was a joke.
I remember the last game of last season v Corby..it was like watching a Sunday league team arrive and prepare.
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:
I remember the last game of last season v Corby..it was like watching a Sunday league team arrive and prepare.

Chances are it was mate! Crying with laughter
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 am

rawlings09 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

Chances are it was mate! Crying with laughter

Think he is on about the game in the morning Crying with laughter
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 am

It's a very cautious yes for me. The euphoria of avoiding relegation shouldn't cloud our judgement on what I believe has been a poor season. Some claim simply staying in the division was the realistic target at the start of the season but that is not how I remember it. I think most people( including the Chairman I suspect) expected us to at least hold our own. There is much wild speculation on budgets of other teams but has our budget warranted the league position the team are in know? I guess we'll never know. Graham Hyde is clearly on a learning curve and it's whether you believe he has learnt enough to move the Club forward next season that will decide if you think he should stay or go. I've read the glowing tributes to him as a person and wonder if that is not tainting some peoples opinion of him as a manager. He may well be a nice chap who has time for the supporters but does that neccesarily mean he's a good manager. Imagine if he was the opposite of how you describe him. Lets say he was rude, arrogant and had little time for the supporters. If Redditch finished in the position they have this season would there be such an overwelming vote of confidence in him? By having a good relationship with the fans he has given himself a certain amount of slack with them. There's nothing wrong with a manager doing that and he's not the first. Rod Brown was the same and supporters cut him a lot of slack too.

While others have said it's 100% yes for hime staying for next season, I'm more a 60% yes in the hope the learning curve has been sufficent to move forward. One thing's for certain, there can be no excuses for another poor season.
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:16 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:It's a very cautious yes for me. The euphoria of avoiding relegation shouldn't cloud our judgement on what I believe has been a poor season. Some claim simply staying in the division was the realistic target at the start of the season but that is not how I remember it. I think most people( including the Chairman I suspect) expected us to at least hold our own. There is much wild speculation on budgets of other teams but has our budget warranted the league position the team are in know? I guess we'll never know. Graham Hyde is clearly on a learning curve and it's whether you believe he has learnt enough to move the Club forward next season that will decide if you think he should stay or go. I've read the glowing tributes to him as a person and wonder if that is not tainting some peoples opinion of him as a manager. He may well be a nice chap who has time for the supporters but does that neccesarily mean he's a good manager. Imagine if he was the opposite of how you describe him. Lets say he was rude, arrogant and had little time for the supporters. If Redditch finished in the position they have this season would there be such an overwelming vote of confidence in him? By having a good relationship with the fans he has given himself a certain amount of slack with them. There's nothing wrong with a manager doing that and he's not the first. Rod Brown was the same and supporters cut him a lot of slack too.

While others have said it's 100% yes for hime staying for next season, I'm more a 60% yes in the hope the learning curve has been sufficent to move forward. One thing's for certain, there can be no excuses for another poor season.

So Bonehead...yes or no?
Should we get another Sockett?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:40 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:It's a very cautious yes for me. The euphoria of avoiding relegation shouldn't cloud our judgement on what I believe has been a poor season. Some claim simply staying in the division was the realistic target at the start of the season but that is not how I remember it. I think most people( including the Chairman I suspect) expected us to at least hold our own. There is much wild speculation on budgets of other teams but has our budget warranted the league position the team are in know? I guess we'll never know. Graham Hyde is clearly on a learning curve and it's whether you believe he has learnt enough to move the Club forward next season that will decide if you think he should stay or go. I've read the glowing tributes to him as a person and wonder if that is not tainting some peoples opinion of him as a manager. He may well be a nice chap who has time for the supporters but does that neccesarily mean he's a good manager. Imagine if he was the opposite of how you describe him. Lets say he was rude, arrogant and had little time for the supporters. If Redditch finished in the position they have this season would there be such an overwelming vote of confidence in him? By having a good relationship with the fans he has given himself a certain amount of slack with them. There's nothing wrong with a manager doing that and he's not the first. Rod Brown was the same and supporters cut him a lot of slack too.

I don't understand people sometimes.
How can you say we have had a poor season?

We started the year with a gros income of 67k, a second rate manager and assistant (IMO), a very poor squad with no infrastucture.
Against established squads like Oxford, Stourbridge, Brackley, Hitchin etc?

The chairman said that the palyoffs were realistic....just like every other chairman says at every club, every season....high expectations and sending a positive message to the supporters.
Pretty standard fare, but misguided in my opinion.

I think Hyde's record is pretty decent, especially against the top half teams who typically play the beteer football....I don't really care if Hyde is a nice bloke, I look for the characterisitcs and attributes that make a successful manager and I think Graham has a good undrstanding of what is required and demonstrates good leadership skills.

If the dressing room is not great, just look at the goal celebrations....biggest load of bollox since Mrs Moor started the rumour.

Hey...look at Redhead, Sockett and Smith's record since they left the Reds.....hardly setting the word on fire are they?
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 am

Bob Marley wrote:
We started the year with a gros income of 67k, a second rate manager and assistant (IMO), a very poor squad with no infrastucture.

Why?

I can understand why people think we've had a bad season, at the start of the year there was the vision, however, i feel a lack of knowledge throughout the club in the early stages was the reason for it changing. Hence why we employed a "second rate manager" and had a very poor squad. The club then started to learn, made it's mistakes, learned, made it's mistakes, learned and so on.

I feel we've learned alot of lessons from this season, and to me, that's what this season has always been about, learning. Things have happened this year that i can't see happening next year ie too many different players, not enough back up for injured key players etc.

People are also forgetting that we pretty much started again! From scratch, from top to bottom. Some may have thought we'd be a "big club" in that league, when realisticall, we're a "new club" in that league. I hope a plan is in place, or being put in place already for next season, and i hope it is stuck to.

UTR!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 am

Bob Marley wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:I can see 4 people discussing it so far Porro without including any fish wives, so thats 6

Rowly.

Anyone that has been round the club for any amount of time, knows what an achievement it is to stay in this league this season.
That is before the clusterfuck during early season.

From what I saw of the manager, he is honest, very hard working, committed, passionate, energetic, approachable, realistic...these are values that you can not give anyone and are top of my list everytime.

Does he know this level of football....no
Does he know every MFC player with potential...no

He will gain the experience (he is 1st to admit it) and with his personal characteristics, will be a great manager for the Reds.

I do not understand the Redhead campaign....I thought he was arrogant, non approachable and his training/coaching was a joke.

So Steve, IF it only takes 'anyone that has been round the club for any amount of time' to know such information WHY did Swan feel it necessary to roll into town and BULLSHIT what he thought the club would achieve this season?
IF its so plainly obvious how hard it is to stay in the league, WHY didnt he say this and aim more realistically so he may stand a chance of finishing the season with credit for his words, or even a pat on the back for exceeding realistic targets, instead of running the risk of either sounding clueless OR a liar.... or infact BOTH?

Or was he under the impression all the people who watch Redditch are as gullible as you clearly are?
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

You can be sure a plan is in place whilst Mr Swan is Chairman.

Get yourselves along to the Friends meeting.....very well organized, great actions with responsibility and involving all aspects of the football club.

Exactly what has been missing from our club for years.

The 3G pitch is a must....we need the income to satisfy a budget to be competitive at this level.
It is now obvious to Mr Swan that increased income outside of gate money is necessary to put a winning team on the field to encourage the extra fans to come see....just being there is not enough to get $10 off people every game.

I applaud the action plan and the volunteers that are making it happen

Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 am

I'm undecided...he most def needs to have a pre-season. He will have nowhere to hide.. he has the chance to make changes etc and call it his team...My expectations next year...consolidate again...mid table ok for me.

If we find ourselves really struggling by after Xmas..he HAS to go...lets hope we have a good one.
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm

I would agree with Nevergreen. I think this season has been a big learning curve for a lot of people both on and off the pitch. We have a relatively inexperienced squad. Just look at the players ages and the clubs we got them from.

We need some continuity and sacking yet another manager is the last thing we need at the moment. I don't know Graham Hyde and have no strong feelings either way but I do feel he should be given the opportunity. If it's all going t**s up by Christmas then his position needs to be reviewed.

I don't know what the budget is for next season although I believe it to be circa 2k a week. If this is the case I wouldn't expect great things just yet. That would not be the worst in the Southern Prem and I would not expect another season of struggle but IMO it would barely be enough to get into the play offs.

We are going to need about 3k to 4k weekly to get back up to, and survive at, BSN level.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:30 pm

rawlings09 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

I feel we've learned alot of lessons from this season, and to me, that's what this season has always been about, learning. Things have happened this year that i can't see happening next year ie too many different players, not enough back up for injured key players etc.

Completely agree.

I think ambitions were running high within everyone at the start of the season (me included).

This was Chris' first experience in running a football club, and I think now he has realised there's a lot more to it than most businesses.

Off-field staff skills are equally as important as the starting 11, and employing an 'all things non-league' assistant/scout is vital for next season.

Same goes for Graham now he knows what he's up against, and has a full pre-season to assemble his own competitive squad for next season.

In hindsight, staying up is a great achievement although we could have made it a lot easier on ourselves (Cirencester for example).

There's no excuse for a repeat performance.

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Spot on Andy. Also we would be comfortably mid table had we kept Tommy Berwick.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Bob Marley wrote:

So Bonehead...yes or no?
Should we get another Sockett?

Have I not answered the first question of Hyde as manager in my post? I suggest you read the very first sentence.

As for whether the Club should appoint "another Sockett," I'm afraid I'm unable to say. I don't feel seven games to be long enough to judge a manager's competency. Clearly you feel it is long enough so perhaps you can answer a question for me? If after the first seven games next season Reds have the same or fewer points than Sockett did when he got sacked, do you think Graham Hyde will deserve the same fate?
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Bob Marley wrote:

I don't understand people sometimes.
How can you say we have had a poor season?

Against established squads like Oxford, Stourbridge, Brackley, Hitchin etc?

The chairman said that the palyoffs were realistic....just like every other chairman says at every club, every season....high expectations and sending a positive message to the supporters.
Pretty standard fare, but misguided in my opinion.

I think Hyde's record is pretty decent, especially against the top half teams who typically play the beteer football....I don't really care if Hyde is a nice bloke, I look for the characterisitcs and attributes that make a successful manager and I think Graham has a good undrstanding of what is required and demonstrates good leadership skills.

If the dressing room is not great, just look at the goal celebrations....biggest load of bollox since Mrs Moor started the rumour.

Hey...look at Redhead, Sockett and Smith's record since they left the Reds.....hardly setting the word on fire are they?

I think it was pretty clear when I described this season as being poor I was refeering to matters on the field. There have been great strides off the field and great credit is due to all those involved.

I have never suggested there was a problem in the dressing room. It appears team spirit is very good and that has helped avoid relegation.

Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top