NEW Redditch United Cafe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW Redditch United Cafe

Post  RUFC on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:44 am

We are pleased to announce that starting from today the NEW Redditch United Cafe will be open for business, The New Cafe will be run by Dawn and Paul who have moved their successful Cafe from the Redditch Golf Course to the Valley Stadium.
The Cafe will be open Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 2.00pm, Friday 8.30am - 2.30 pm and Saturday & Sunday 8.30am - 10.00am.

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW Redditch United Cafe

Post  redditch born on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:03 am

Where? Upstairs?
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 am

I was impressed with the standard and service of the food and drink on saturday. Long may it continue Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 am

Confused..only open till 10.00AM matchdays?
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:48 am

porrohman wrote:Confused..only open till 10.00AM matchdays?

Maybe the club take over the kitchen from 10:30am on a matchday?

Otherwise we'll have people buy a piece of toast take 6 and a half hours to eat it, then they're inside the ground for kick off without paying Laughing

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks mate..that's my plan out of the window then.
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 am

porrohman wrote:Thanks mate..that's my plan out of the window then.

Sorry mate Crying with laughter

Admin

View user profile http://redditchunited.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Market this right and you can make a killing on a Sunday morning for the Redditch & South Warwickshire league teams using the facility.

I'll get you a lead into the clubs so you can maybe promote via their website.
Leethall
Football League
Football League

View user profile http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 pm

^^But what about the other six days of the week?

Sorry to be negative, but this is not going to work. For a café to be successful, it needs to be well located, i.e. on a main road, a high street, a busy industrial estate etc. It needs passing trade in a busy location. The Valley Stadium does not have passing trade.

I hope it works, I hope it’s successful. But I’ll bet my life that it won’t be. This is doomed to inevitable and quick failure.
del boy
Blue Square North

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RUFC on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 am

On Saturday morning there will be a cross over between Cafe and Match Day, The Kitchen already runs on a Sunday and does very well.
Its worth explaining that this is the Cafe that was at Pitheroak Golf Course, it succeeded there due to building a client base over many years and not by passing trade.
The New owner at the golf course Cafe does not want building trade etc using it and plans are a foot to have dress code etc, the current client base will now need/want to go elsewhere and like the idea of it being at the Valley for its central location.
Like anything new it takes a little bit of time to get going but we believe it will work, we also have a lot of activities during the week that many of you may be unaware of that will also build up there client base including pre away travel food.
This is something that we should all support and get behind instead of predicting its failure in its first week, tell your friends/family and work mates and help it grow.

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 am

I start work at 6:30 and finish at 3:30... this is useless to me Wink

It's a good idea though, Pitcheroak is a stonesthrow away from the valley really, should work!
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am

I think it will work. There's money in food and it's a good move getting an existing business in, that will bring it's own customers in first. It'll need a bit of marketing, people need to know it's there. Add a delivery service on orders over £ 10.00 and it'll do well. There's a butty van by us with 10-15 people always in the queue. If its' a good sarny people will always come back. Bizarrley enough the van is called Bee Jays , which is strange considering they don't..........etc etc Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 pm

porrohman wrote:I think it will work. There's money in food and it's a good move getting an existing business in, that will bring it's own customers in first. It'll need a bit of marketing, people need to know it's there. Add a delivery service on orders over £ 10.00 and it'll do well. There's a butty van by us with 10-15 people always in the queue. If its' a good sarny people will always come back. Bizarrley enough the van is called Bee Jays , which is strange considering they don't..........etc etc Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter

How do you know, have you tried ordering that?!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Leethall wrote:
porrohman wrote:I think it will work. There's money in food and it's a good move getting an existing business in, that will bring it's own customers in first. It'll need a bit of marketing, people need to know it's there. Add a delivery service on orders over £ 10.00 and it'll do well. There's a butty van by us with 10-15 people always in the queue. If its' a good sarny people will always come back. Bizarrley enough the van is called Bee Jays , which is strange considering they don't..........etc etc Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter

Standing order, knowing Porro...
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 pm

RUFC wrote:We are pleased to announce that starting from today the NEW Redditch United Cafe will be open for business, The New Cafe will be run by Dawn and Paul who have moved their successful Cafe from the Redditch Golf Course to the Valley Stadium.
The Cafe will be open Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 2.00pm, Friday 8.30am - 2.30 pm and Saturday & Sunday 8.30am - 10.00am.

Just to make this clear it is not Redditch Private Golf Club but Pitcheroak Municipal.

Breakfasts were top notch at Pitcheroak so can see this being a success by getting people down The Valley. Also hope to see the kitchen custodians try and get us some more supporters through the gates so hope this works!
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Leethall wrote:

It's number 69 on the menu. Just don't ask for mayo.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top